THE MARKETPLACE MALL WELCOMES URMC ORTHOPAEDICS AND PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE CENTER
In November 2019, The Marketplace Mall and URMC announced a partnership to bring both evolving retail space and advanced medical demands into the future. The $240 Million project covers 330,000 square feet as URMC is repurposes the former Sears wing at The Marketplace Mall. The project will reinvent and elevate the property, and the Greater Rochester Area. Patients will benefit from accessible and state-of-the-art medical services, the community will watch a beloved space see new life, and The Marketplace Mall will see an invigorated future. As this project continues to progress, The Marketplace Mall continues to see new elements and tenants joining the property – moving the center to a mixed use space with retail, services, entertainment, dining, and even lodging.
ORTHOPAEDICS & PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE CENTER AT THE MARKETPLACE MALL
- Will be the largest, most comprehensive ambulatory orthopaedics campus in the Northeastern U.S.
- Campus components include: Ambulatory surgery center, a 4-story tower, CHAMPP (Center for Human Musculoskeletal Performance and Prevention), and a state-of-the-art motion and gait analysis lab
- The facility’s central location means faster, more convenient access to medical providers
- This project has created over 300 new construction jobs, so far
- Medical appointments will increase foot traffic to the mall during the weekdays, which are traditionally known as ‘off-peak’ hours in retail.
- Looking to the future, URMC has incorporated new technologies and built a facility with the intention of expanding
- After a pandemic induced delay, construction officially began in March 2021.
- In September 2021, URMC Administrative and Leadership offices moved to their new home at The Marketplace Mall.
- The Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) is slated to open around the new year
- The Patient Tower is slated to open in the second half of 2023, which will mark the end of this project